Audrey Magazine (Ethel Navales):
Not all Asians look the same. I repeat, not all Asians look the same. It seems no matter how many times we say it, people simply assume that all Asians share the same physical features. Some believe we all have the same body structure and others even think we all have the same kind of hair. Of course, we know this is absurd. We know that there are plenty of ethnicities which categorize under the umbrella term “Asian” and we know there are plenty of Asians who are of mixed race. So why do people think all Asians look the alike? Well it may have a thing or two to do with media’s portrayal of Asians. If audiences have only been exposed to a very particular type of Asian, how can they know we’re all different? This lack of exposure may be the very reason many celebs who are bi-racial or multiracial are often overlooked in the Asian community. Even if they don’t necessarily “look it,” all of the following celebrities are Asian.
Check out this list of 20 Asian celebs you probably didn’t know were Asian.
1) Vanessa Hudgens from High School Musical is part Chinese and part Filipino.
2) Tiger Woods is part Thai.
3) Chad Michael Murray of One Tree Hill is a quarter Japanese.
4) Dean Cain, superman of the TV series, Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman is a quarter Japanese.
5) Nicole Scherzinger of PussyCat Dolls is half Filipino.
6) Keanu Reeves of The Matrix is a quarter Hawaiian and a quarter Chinese.
7) Darren Criss of the TV series Glee is half Filipino.
8) Ne-Yo is a quarter Chinese.
9) Tyga, the rapper, is half Vietnamese.
10) Maggie Q is half Vietnamese.
11) Enrique Iglesias is half Filipino.
12) Piper Curda of the Disney Channel show I Didn’t Do It is part Korean.
13) Mark-Paul Gosselaar, aka Zack Morris of the 90’s hit TV show Saved By The Bell, is a quarter Indonesian.
14) Kristin Kreuk of the TV series SmallVille and Beauty and the Beast is half Chinese.
15) Kelsey Asbille Chow of the MTV series Teen Wolf and The Amazing Spiderman is part Chinese.
16) Host of the TV show Lip Sync Battle and model, Chrissy Teigen is half Thai.
17) Rob Schneider of Grown Ups and The Hot Chick is a quarter Filipino.
18) Chanel Iman, the Victoria Secret Angel and model is half Korean.
19) Model Karrueche Tran is half Vietnamese.
20) Bérénice Marlohe from the famous Bond series, SkyFall is part Cambodian and Chinese.
After visiting Terry Richardson’s studio in 2012, South Korean rapper G-Dragon returns to team up with the controversial photographer once again.
In the candid images, the musician channels his boisterous personality for the snaps, wearing leather pants and an oversized muscle T-shirt. In the past, the rapper has worked with Giuseppe Zanotti to release an exclusive capsule collection and even DRx Romanelli, for a collaborative project along with YG Entertainment